We test your site on Firefox and Safari on Mac, and Firefox and Internet Explorer on Windows. At this time we test Internet Explorer versions 7, 8, and 9. If you need your site tested on other browsers, please specify each one before we get started.
Yes. We can help you find a shopping cart system to match your needs and budget. We will set it up for you and make it an integrated part of your web site. The cost will depend largely on the number and types of features you need and the number of products you need us to input for you.
We have been doing graphic design for print (including creating packaging, direct mail pieces, catalogs, etc.) for many years. If the schedule permits, we can add print design to your web design package. We also work with local graphic designers to meet the print needs of clients. We will coordinate our efforts to bring you one cohesive presence in all of your on-line and in-print materials.
We do not typically do logo design. Getting the perfect logo for your company is something best left to someone who specializes in that kind of design. We have local designers we have worked with on many projects, and we can seamlessly create an overall look to brand your product or services.
Yes, but . . . we do encourage clients not to use Flash except as a fun design element added to a primarily non-Flash site. Flash does not work at all on iPads, iPods, and iPhones. In general, all-Flash web sites (“interactive” animated sites) tend to alienate more visitors than they impress. If a visitor to your site has a slower connection or does not have the correct plug-in, Flash will just get in the way. These sites tend to be more difficult to navigate and thus more time-consuming for the customer. You want visitors to spend money, and you want them to do it quickly before they decide to look somewhere else. It is also more expensive over the long run to maintain a Flash web site.
If, however, you determine that you want to incorporate Flash in your web design, we will work with you to create the most user-friendly Flash experience possible.
Absolutely! We create most blogs in WordPress. We can also use Blogger if you prefer.
This is not a service we currently offer, but we have several people we can recommend for you. We can coordinate with them to help you with your content and even to blog for you if you are like us and never seem to have the time.
In building your site we will do everything that we reasonably can to make your site search engine-friendly. This includes creating descriptive title tags, descriptions, and alt tags. However, SEO is a very complicated business, and the rules change all the time. We strongly encourage you to do some research about choosing keywords for your business. (Recommended reading: here.) These keywords, which actually should be 2 or 3-word phrases, should appear in your content. Please tell me what keywords you want to focus on so that we can add them to the tags in your site.
We cannot guarantee search ranking for any site. Optimizing a web site is only one step in an SEO strategy. You should also submit your site to dmoz.com and the Yahoo Business Directory, as well as industry-specific web directories. You should also consider things like Google Adwords, BlogAds, and creating a buzz among popular Blogs. The more relevant links there are on the web to your web site, the better your site will rank. This does not mean you should “swap links” with hundreds of friends and unrelated businesses – at the end of the day this will actually hurt your search ranking.
Yes! We have a few different options depending on your particular needs. Whether you just need to keep one small section updated or need to be able to edit the whole site, we can set you up with a site that works for you.
If you do not have time to do your own updates, we can also make edits and updates to your site for you very quickly and affordably as needed.
If you are needing an e-commerce site where you will need to add and remove products frequently, we can set up a shopping cart system that allows you to do this yourself.
In general the process goes something like this:
- Email Consultation: We will discuss what you want and what you need, and determine if it can be provided in the necessary time frame.
- Contract Signed and Deposit Paid: Based on our consultation we will email you a contract to read over, sign, and return. You also pay a retainer before we can begin any actual work on the site. We ask that you do not pay this until after #1 above, because it is non-refundable. The retainer pays for a site design, initial page build, and to reserve a block of time.
- Site Design: We will take the information you have given us and a logo if applicable and create a design for you. We will send you this design to approve or tweak, or we can start over with a different design. In general, 3 design revisions are included in the price.
- Design Approval: You approve the final design. This must happen before any of the site will be built. Any changes to the design after you have given approval may incur extra charges. Note that from the date of design approval, you have 30 days to pay the remainder of the quoted web site fee.
- Site Build: We will begin creating the pages of your web site. Note that we must have your content (text, photos, keyword phrases, etc.) in order to build these pages. We ask that text is sent to us in electronic format (i.e., in a Word document or in the body of an email) already edited and proofread. Photos should be web ready (jpeg format). Extensive cropping or retouching of photos will incur additional fees. If this content is sent to us in a timely manner, you should have your completed web site before your final payment is due. However, if there is a delay in the receipt of content, please note that you will still be responsible for making your final payment even if the site is still in progress. If payment is not received by the due date, work on the site will stop until payment, including late fees, is made.
- Site Check: You will thoroughly check all of the pages of the site for errors or revisions. We will make any corrections needed. Once you are satisfied that everything is as it should be, we will make the site live for the world to enjoy!
- Final Payment: 30 days after design approval (#4 above), final payment is due. Note that if this payment is not made, late fees will be incurred and your site will be disabled until payment, including late fees, is made. Please see the rates page for more information.
We can accept credit cards through Paypal or Google Checkout. If you need to pay with a credit card, we will simply send you an invoice through one of these options for the amount owed.